Saturday, March 12, 2016

Banning from Facebook

This is the appeal I have sent to Facebook. Posting here for posterity:
---------------------------------------------

This is the second message I have sent. You have wrongfully blocked my account twice now. On both occasions, it has been because I have posted a transcript of a professional keynote I gave which had been reproduced on a news website. The banning you keep giving me is for "nudity" and the only reason I can see you are doing this is because the header image on my transcript, which was added by the editor of the news site and not myself, contains Aboriginal women painted up for traditional ceremonial dancing. I fully support the use of this image to accompany my keynote as it is incredibly fitting. 

Banning me for this reason (twice now) is racist and sexist, not to mention downright offensive. It shows a complete lack of respect for the oldest continuing culture in the world as well as the inability to educate oneself about these practices. It also shows that I have, in fact, been maliciously targeted and instead of penalising this malicious behaviour of people who would report me for this, you've targeted me.

Here is the article which keeps getting me banned from Facebook due to your alleged "community standards". I suggest you actually have a look at it and educate yourselves. The sheer idea that women elders from the oldest living culture in the world are deemed "nudity" is so incredibly offensive, I don't know where to begin.

https://newmatilda.com/2016/03/09/looking-past-white-australia-and-white-feminism/

1 comment:

  1. Facebook's community standards are so low. Ive had a few posts in breach but never had my account blocked though. I'll take a look at your article. Stay strong

    ReplyDelete